flyspeck adj : very small; "diminutive in stature"; "a lilliputian chest of drawers"; "her petite figure"; "tiny feet"; "the flyspeck nation of Bahrain moved toward democracy" [syn: bantam, diminutive, lilliputian, midget, petite, tiny] n : a tiny dark speck made by the excrement of a fly
Nounflyspeck (plural flyspeck or flyspecks)
- Housefly excrement, visible as a
miniscule black dot.
- The wall of the kitchen above the fruitbowl was dotted with flyspeck.
- By extension of above, anything tiny or insignificant.
- From the foothills below, Jean, Jan, and James were mere flyspecks, easily lost among the straggly pines that formed the treeline.
- (mild pejorative) Puny;
barely worth noticing.
- We passed through some flyspeck town, barely more than a gas station and a stoplight, but I never saw the name.
ace, atom, bespeckle, bespot, bit, bloodstain, blot, blotch, blur, brand, crumb, dab, daub, dole, dot, dram, dribble, driblet, drop, droplet, dwarf, eyesore, farthing, fleck, flick, fragment, freckle, gnat, gobbet, grain, granule, groat, hair, handful, iota, jot, little, little bit, macula, maculate, maculation, macule, mark, microbe, microorganism, midge, minim, minimum, minutia, minutiae, mite, modicum, molecule, mote, nutshell, ounce, particle, patch, pebble, pinch, pinhead, pinpoint, pittance, point, scrap, scruple, smear, smidgen, smirch, smitch, smouch, smudge, smut, smutch, snip, snippet, spatter, speck, speckle, splash, splatter, splotch, spoonful, spot, stain, stigma, taint, tarnish, thimbleful, tiny bit, tittle, trifling amount, trivia, vanishing point, whit